You will find all things artsy, craftsy, edutechie, green, homey, rosey, nerdy, funny, travel, trendy and sporty here. I am also the accidental host of many Frigidaire Flair discussions. When we moved into our house in 2002 there was a Flair in our kitchen. We used it for many years and eventually sold it to a Flair enthusiast. We were sad to see it go, but were so happy to find a good home for it. Click on the Frigidaire Flair category for more information. I have many posts, and continue to post new Frigidaire Flair finds occasionally.
lbj, kitty kelly, red sox, reading, painting, running, gardening, crafts, travel, laughing, sleeping and breathing.
Fever Pitch, Sideways, Groundhog Day, Harold and Maude, The Jerk
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn – Betty Smith
East of Eden – John Steinbeck
Mr Bridge – Evan S. Connell
Mrs Bridge – Evan S. Connell
A Farewell to Arms – Ernest Hemingway
Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
A Handful of Dust – Evelyn Waugh
Ways of Seeing – John Berger
Mountains Beyond Mountains – Tracy Kidder
The World According to Garp – John Irving
Into the Wild – Jon Krakauer
Death of a Salesman – Arthur Miller
To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
Blueberries for Sal – Robert McCloskey
The Series of Unfortunate Events
The Bone People
25 Random Things About Me
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you (or I think you’ll come up with really entertaining things).
25. I took my first art class at age 2.
24. I could probably watch Antiques Roadshow every night of the week.
23. I sometimes think I would like to climb Mount Everest until I realize that I have moved in slow motion and have felt like someone was sitting on my chest every time I have been at a super high altitude.
22. I went through a period where I wanted my home to be the road. For most of the year 2000 @lbjay and I made good on this goal and backpacked around the world and across the country.
21. My parents used to take me to hold signs at the dump when I was a kid to encourage people to recycle.
20. I used to be a certified EMT.
19. My first job out of college was a Park Ranger for the National Park Service. I still have the uniform in my basement if you want to borrow it.
18. Flying in an airplane used to petrify me until I spent the night in a hotel close to the airport in Athens, Greece. After watching countless planes take off and land I realized just how many fly each day and how ridiculous my neurosis was.
17. I wear a pedometer and try to take 10,000 steps a day as part of a Wellness Program at work.
16. My favorite junk foods include peeps, candy corn and black jellybeans. I’m glad that they are seasonal.
15. The household I grew up in was a party zone. Now I can sleep through most anything.
14. I am shocked every time I write something on a white board at school in cursive handwriting and the kids can’t read it.
13. My favorite color has always been blue.
12. I learned to juggle in college when I should have been studying.
11. I’m totally grossed out by faux fur. Don’t even get me started on real fur. Yuck! It throws me over the edge when women wear fur coats that match their hair.
10. My parents let me name my brother when I was 4. I named him David after the TV show Davey and Goliath.
9. Facebook makes me miss the anonymous internet days of yore.
8. I can’t understand why there are so many needless puking scenes in TV shows and movies and why I seem to be the only one bothered by it. I’m thinking about starting a movement to stop all the puke.
7. We have over 2,000 red wiggler worms in a bin in our basement that eat our food scraps.
6. I never wear a watch.
5. I would like to be an Anti-Hunger Activist someday.
4. I usually only eat meat on the weekends.
3. I dislike parades, clowns/mimes, mayonnaise and musicals (not necessarily in that order).
2. I like movies about sports.
1. I usually don’t EVER fill these things out and I don’t blame you if you don’t care about this.