The Boston Globe had a story today about the growth of Organic Cosmetic Companies. I was pleased to see that CVS has released a statement that it will remove products that contain chemicals that have been linked to health problems and replace them with safer alternatives. Manufacturers continue to claim that products such as parabans, mercury (often listed as thimerosal), and petrochemicals (which can be found in some shampoos, mascara, perfume, foundation, and lip balm) are safe despite warnings from environmental groups, so it is very encouraging to see the first cosmetic safety policy from a major drugstore chain in the US. Hopefully other retailers will make similar changes in the near future.
Visit my CafePress Store!
- Jet Age Design: The Tappan Fabulous 400 and Frigidaire Flair Custom Imperial | Auto Universum
- American Beauties: 25 vintage stoves and refrigerators from readers’ kitchens — Retro Renovation
- Robin’s cozy cape cod cottage | ~ House Crazy ~
- sneak peek: sarah ridgely | Design*Sponge
- Christening the Stove and Trader Joe’s | sweet onion tart
- Follow EasterKiwi on WordPress.com