The One Laptop per Child Project has a special Give 1 Get 1 Program starting November 12th for a limited time. Their mission is to provide a means for learning, self-expression and exploration to the nearly two billion children of the developing world with little or no access to education. The sturdy hardware, software and interface are all designed specifically for a child and many activities for the laptop are the result of a collaboration of over 2,000 programmers from all over the world. In addition, they are solar and have hand cranks. A donation of $200 will pay for and deliver one XO laptop to a child in a developing nation, and in November you can get one for yourself and have one delivered to a child for $399. I really want to check one out, but at the very least donate one to such a great cause.
Visit my CafePress Store!
- Jet Age Design: The Tappan Fabulous 400 and Frigidaire Flair Custom Imperial | Auto Universum
- American Beauties: 25 vintage stoves and refrigerators from readers’ kitchens — Retro Renovation
- Robin’s cozy cape cod cottage | ~ House Crazy ~
- sneak peek: sarah ridgely | Design*Sponge
- Christening the Stove and Trader Joe’s | sweet onion tart
- Follow EasterKiwi on WordPress.com