I don’t actually remember to bring my reusable bags into the store all the time and my curbside recycling doesn’t accept plastic bags. Many sources have told me that your local supermarket will accept and recycle bags made of type 2 and type 4 plastic. Today I finally remembered to take a bunch of plastic bags to my local Stop and Shop and found a handy bin in the area where you recycle bottles. The website eHow had a bunch of tips for recycling plastic bags. Also, PlasticBagRecycling.org has a list of drop-off centers and Earth 911 lets you search by zip code (which also allows you to search for other recycle items). There are also trash cans at the Container Store and OXO that allow you to reuse plastic bags, but the downside is that the plastic bag does not get recycled.
Visit my CafePress Store!
- Jet Age Design: The Tappan Fabulous 400 and Frigidaire Flair Custom Imperial | Auto Universum
- American Beauties: 25 vintage stoves and refrigerators from readers’ kitchens — Retro Renovation
- Robin’s cozy cape cod cottage | ~ House Crazy ~
- sneak peek: sarah ridgely | Design*Sponge
- Christening the Stove and Trader Joe’s | sweet onion tart
- Follow EasterKiwi on WordPress.com