Well I spoke a bit too soon. . . just as I bragged about my watermelon breaking a world record, I went out to the garden one morning and found it sitting on the ground off the vine with a couple of scratch marks on it – most likely a damn squirrel. Luckily the little bugger didn’t damage it too much so we ate it that night. It probably could have used another week on the vine, but I was amazed at how good it was, and how much it tasted like a real watermelon! The most exciting thing is that we still have another that is coming along.
Visit my CafePress Store!
- Jet Age Design: The Tappan Fabulous 400 and Frigidaire Flair Custom Imperial | Auto Universum
- American Beauties: 25 vintage stoves and refrigerators from readers’ kitchens — Retro Renovation
- Robin’s cozy cape cod cottage | ~ House Crazy ~
- sneak peek: sarah ridgely | Design*Sponge
- Christening the Stove and Trader Joe’s | sweet onion tart
- Follow EasterKiwi on WordPress.com